Call for Proposals for Hosting the 2023 WSAE Annual Convention
Preliminary Deadline February 3, 2020
(for initial review at the February 4, 2020 - Board of Directors Meeting)
Proposals accepted until a decision is announced.
Send questions and final proposals to Brit Kramer
The Washington Society of Association Executives (WSAE) is the "association of associations" in Washington State. WSAE strives to provide the most complete education and networking experience available in Washington to not-for-profit organization professionals. WSAE represents more than 225 association executives, staff specialists, and industry partners.
Established in 1968, WSAE has a long history of serving our members. Today, we are the premier source for advancing knowledge, facilitating interchange of expertise and experience, and assisting with the career progression of members in Washington’s association management community. We are a learning community of association management professionals passionately supporting and encouraging each other to grow.
Only WSAE-member properties will be considered. The WSAE Board will review preliminary proposals at the February 4th Board of Directors Meeting and then conduct outreach and site visits, if necessary. If a decision is not made during the February 4th Board of Directors meeting selection will be deferred until the April 10,2020 Board of Directors meeting.
Below are the details on which to base your proposal—note, however, that the actual conference program may be somewhat different.
PREFERRED MEETING DATES:
Late May or early June, Weds – Friday schedule
TYPICAL SCHEDULE (CLICK TO DOWNLOAD)
- Complimentary meeting space is required.
- Complimentary audio/visual is required (handheld wireless microphone, screen, and A/V table/cart with extension cord & power strip.
- Food and beverage billed at flat rate per full convention registration $150 inclusive of tax & gratuity. (Weds After Hours Social to be billed direct to sponsor separately)
- Direct billing of appropriate charges required.
- Attrition waiver is required. Flexible advance cut off date 6 weeks in advance. (hotel pick up has met or exceeded block capacity in the past 2 years)
PROPOSAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Dates that you are available to meet the above specifications.
- Room block: (preferred) Tues 15; Wednesday 90; Thursday 90; Friday 2
- Sleeping room rates (Single/Double)
- Meeting room charges, if any.
- Complimentary rooms offered. (1 per 25 is requested)
- Special requests:
- Upgrade for WSAE board members, approximately 10
- Complimentary room 2 nights for the president
- Additional discounted room rate for staff (3) and speakers (10)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary or discounted parking if applicable
- Any special offers. (e.g., upgrades, discounts, event sponsorships, etc.)
- Suggested activities on property or close by.
- List any additional areas of support you will provide for the convention.
PROGRAM HOST BENEFITS:
- Spotlight on your meeting facilities.
- Host name and logo recognition in promotional/marketing materials.
- Host introduced at program and given brief presentation opportunity.
- Complimentary registration for a host representative for the program.
RECENT HISTORY & RESERVATIONS:
June 8-10, 2022, Tulalip Resort Casino
June 9-11, 2021, Three Rivers Convention Center, WA
June 10-12, 2020, Suquamish Clearwater Resort Casino, Suquamish, WA
June 10-12, 2019, Hilton, Vancouver, WA
June 6-8, 2018 – Yakima Convention Center, Yakima, WA
May 31 – June 2, 2017 – Semiahmoo, Blaine, WA
June 2016 – Northern Quest Resort Casino, Airway Heights, WA
June 2015 – The Tulalip Resort Casino, Marysville, WA