Call for Proposals for Hosting the 2020 WSAE Annual Convention
Deadline August 27, 2018
Send questions and final proposals to Brit Kramer
The Washington Society of Association Executives (WSAE) is the "association of associations" in Washington State. WSAE strives to provide the most complete education and networking experience available in Washington to not-for-profit organization professionals. WSAE represents more than 240 association executives, staff specialists, and industry partners.
Established in 1968, WSAE has a long history of serving our members. Today, we are the premier source for advancing knowledge, facilitating interchange of expertise and experience, and assisting with the career progression of members in Washington’s association management community. We are a learning community of association management professionals passionately supporting and encouraging each other to grow.
Only complete & thorough bids will be reviewed, and only WSAE-member properties will be considered. All proposals are due by August 27, 2018. The WSAE Board will have a first review of sites for the 2020 at the September 18th board meeting, and the final decision will be made no later than the November board meeting.
Below are the details on which to base your proposal—note, however, that the actual conference program may be somewhat different.
PREFERRED MEETING DATES:
Late May or early June, Weds – Friday schedule
TYPICAL SCHEDULE (CLICK TO DOWNLOAD)
- Complimentary meeting space is required.
- Complimentary audio/visual is required (handheld wireless microphone, screen, and A/V table/cart with extension cord & power strip.
- Food and beverage billed at flat rate per full convention registration $150 inclusive of tax & gratuity. (Weds After Hours Social to be billed direct to sponsor separately)
- Direct billing of appropriate charges required.
PROPOSAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Dates that you are available to meet the above specifications.
- Room block: (preferred) Tues 5; Wednesday 90; Thursday 90; Friday 2
- Sleeping room rates (Single/Double)
- Meeting room charges, if any.
- Complimentary rooms offered. (1 per 25 is requested)
- Special requests:
- Upgrade for WSAE board members, approximately 10
- Complimentary room 2 nights for the president
- Additional discounted room rate for staff and speakers
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary or discounted parking if applicable
- Any special offers. (e.g., upgrades, discounts, event sponsorships, etc.)
- Suggested activities on property or close by.
- List any additional areas of support you will provide for the convention.
PROGRAM HOST BENEFITS:
- Spotlight on your meeting facilities.
- Host name and logo recognition in promotional/marketing materials.
- Host introduced at program and given brief presentation opportunity.
- Complimentary registration for a host representative for the program.
June 10-12, 2019, Hilton, Vancouver, WA
June 6-8, 2018 – Yakima Convention Center, Yakima, WA
May 31 – June 2, 2017 – Semiahmoo, Blaine, WA
June 2016 – Northern Quest Resort Casino, Airway Heights, WA
June 2015 – The Tulalip Resort Casino, Marysville, WA